"A Holistic Approach to Parenting"
Encompassing the Physical, Mental, Emotional and Spiritual aspects of life for children, youth, adults and elders.
This program was developed to meet the needs for culturally relevant programming specific to Aboriginal families and children. The Outreach Liaison Workers provides support and information for pregnant and parenting families in their own homes or at Knee-waas.
- Early Childhood Development information
- Information and support to pregnant and parenting families
- Opportunities to enhance your support network
- Information about your child’s present stage of development
- Support with topics affecting Aboriginal parents and children
- Household management (budgeting, child-proofing, safety plans)
- Support for families with identifying and accessing resources (family planning, legal services, counselling, adequate housing, health care, food security, financial planning)
- Information on health and child development and referrals to supports as needed
- Linking parents and children with Elders in the community
- Cultural and traditional teachings
- Resource Library
- Weekly Nutrition and Parenting drop-ins
- Prenatal and immunization drop-ins
- Transportation to groups and appointments
- Nutritional supplements for prenatal and postnatal moms
Hours of Service
8:30am – 4:30pm