Outreach Liaison Workers provide support to families and caregivers from pregnancy through the early years. The ECD program was developed to meet the needs for culturally relevant programming specific to Indigenous families and children. The Outreach Workers provide support and information to families in their homes, in the community or at the Friendship Center building upon existing parenting skills, reducing isolation and encouraging & assisting families to build a community to support them. Nutritional food coupons and vitamins are available for expectant mothers until her infant reaches 6 months of age.
Outreach Workers focus on strengthening and supporting families by:
• Providing pre and postnatal information and support
• Providing supportive and interactive child development information and activities
• Assisting families in setting parenting, personal and self-care goals
• Supporting caregivers in creating and maintaining a healthy and nurturing environment for their children
• Support in creating strategies regarding home management, safety plans, and positive parenting practices
• Connecting caregivers with specialized services in the community to support their families
• Transportation to appointments and PAFC groups and services
• Weekly $10 nutrition (grocery store) coupon and prenatal vitamins for mothers who are pregnant and mothers with children under 6 months.
For more information or referrals, please contact Jackie Wells, Family and Health Services Team Leader at 250-723-8281, ex# 224 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org